Rules below the flyer…
RULES & REGULATIONS
Fastest Fade: 15 Minute Time Limit
Tightest Taper: 35 Minute Time Limit
Comb Over: 35-Minute Time Limit
Freestyle Cut: 35 Minute Time Limit – Anything Goes!
Kids Cut: 35 Minute Time Limit
Beard: 35 min time limit
Fade – 35 min time limit
Tag Team – 40 min Time limit
PLEASE NOTE: Competitors must be at least 16 years of age to enter. The competition fee includes a one-day exhibit hall entry for the competitor. 1 Model per battle. Each model will be $10 at the door.
Each competitor must have his or her own sanitized equipment:
Students will compete in same categories as professionals, however they will be judged & awarded in their own category.
Central Valley Barber Battle & J-Live Entertainment reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event.
OVERALL COMPETITION RULES:
- All contestants must bring a live model and barbering tools in order to participate in competition. The competition fee includes a one-day exhibit hall entry for the competitor and model. Model numbers will be given to all participating models once confirmed and check in at registration area.
- All models hair must be cut at competition. Competitor is not allowed to cut, trim, shape or preset models hair before the competition begins. Semi permanent color, permanent color, light color sprays and chalks are allowed unless otherwise noted. Barber must show a transformation of the models hair. The judges will inspect models hair during pre-judging or during check in. Violation of this rule will result in the deduction of points and/or disqualification from competition.
- All contestants must check in at the registration area at least one hour prior to the battle. If contestant is late, they will forfeit their place in the competition and their paid entry fee or fees. Please look for “Check In” when you arrive at the battle.
- All contestants will have a specific time to complete their particular cut and style. Judging will be conducted on a visual basis only. Judges will use a point system on a scale of one (lowest possible score) to ten (highest possible score). If there is a tie in a category or prize placement, the judges will determine the final winner.
* All participants must be at the venue: Fresno Fairgrounds by 10am on Sunday February 24, 2019