Rules below the flyer…
RULES & REGULATIONS
Fastest Fade: 15 Minute Time Limit
Tightest Taper: 35 Minute Time Limit
Comb Over: 35-Minute Time Limit
Freestyle Cut: 35 Minute Time Limit – Anything Goes!
Kids Cut: 35 Minute Time Limit
Beard: 35 min time limit
Fade – 35 min time limit
Tag Team – 40 min Time limit
PLEASE NOTE: Competitors must be at least 16 years of age to enter. The competition fee includes a one-day exhibit hall entry for the competitor. 1 Model per battle. Each model will be $10 at the door.
Each competitor must have his or her own sanitized equipment:
Students will compete in same categories as professionals, however they will be judged & awarded in their own category.
Central Valley Barber Battle & J-Live Entertainment reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the event.
OVERALL COMPETITION RULES:
- All contestants must bring a live model and barbering tools in order to participate in competition. The competition fee includes a one-day exhibit hall entry for the competitor and model. Model numbers will be given to all participating models once confirmed and check in at registration area.
- All models hair must be cut at competition. Competitor is not allowed to cut, trim, shape or preset models hair before the competition begins. Semi permanent color, permanent color, light color sprays and chalks are allowed unless otherwise noted. Barber must show a transformation of the models hair. The judges will inspect models hair during pre-judging or during check in. Violation of this rule will result in the deduction of points and/or disqualification from competition.
- All contestants must check in at the registration area at least one hour prior to the battle. If contestant is late, they will forfeit their place in the competition and their paid entry fee or fees. Please look for “Check In” when you arrive at the battle.
- All contestants will have a specific time to complete their particular cut and style. Judging will be conducted on a visual basis only. Judges will use a point system on a scale of one (lowest possible score) to ten (highest possible score). If there is a tie in a category or prize placement, the judges will determine the final winner.
* All participants must be at the venue: Fresno Fairgrounds by 10am on Sunday February 24, 2019
RULES FOR THE NAIL BATTLE – BELOW POSTER
“Spring into love competition”
Competition will commence at 5pm til 8pm Saturday February 23, 2019 at the Cosmetology & Barber Expo located indoors at the Big Fresno Fair in Fresno, CA. Judging will start at 8:15pm til 8:50 pm and winners will be announced at 9pm on main stage.**Winners will be announced on Saturday February 23 at 9pm and contestants must return Sunday February 24 at 6pm to redeem prize and be presented on main stage.
Competitors may submit more than one entry, but must pay a registration fee for each entry.
A 3-D Nail Art entry may be no taller than 1 inch in height.
The theme must be followed on all 10 nails. Theme: SPRING INTO LOVE
1. All work must be done at the competition.
2. All nail art must be made from professional nail products (colored liquid- and-powder acrylic, light-cured gel, wraps and resin, polish, rhinestones, etc.) brought with you to the expo. Bring all tools and supplies needed to complete entry. Electrical outlet and stations will be provided.
3. Embellishments or adornments may be used.
4. Top coat, UV gel sealant or glitter polish may be used.
5. Competitors may NOT use any copyrighted art, designs or logos.
6. Competitors must prepare and submit a written statement in two parts. One detailing the products and processes used to create the art and one telling the story of your interpretation of the theme. Do NOT name specific brands or manufacturers.
7. Display/Presentation: 10 tips must be securely fastened to your model, flat surface for the judging process.
8. Nails will be judged in the following categories: originality, visual interest, shape, color, design, dimension, overall impression, complexity, workmanship, detail and theme.
“Spring into love” Judging Criteria 2019
Judge 1—Teresa Choi
Originality – 10 Points
the design is innovative (new and original)
the design is unique (different from other designs)
Visual Interest – 10 Points
the design captures your attention the design holds your attention
Color – 10 Points
the colors enhance the design
the colors complement each other
Judge 2—Sin Savory
Design – 10 Points
the design enhances the theme
the design is well thought out
the design is complete and needs no improvement
Dimension – 10 Points
the artwork is obvious and within the guidelines 3-D rules (if 3D is used)
the dimension enhances the theme and is balanced
Complexity – 10 Points
the design is challenging, demanding skill and effort
the design involves multiple techniques
Workmanship – 10 Points
the overall quality of the work demonstrates outstanding artistic skills the workmanship is neat, clean and precise
Judge 3—Maggie Bryan
Detail – 10 Points
the detail of design is clear and crisp
the design is adequately detailed
Theme – 10 Points
the theme is obvious and completely developed the theme is continued on all 10 nails
the design enhances the theme
Overall Impression – 10 Points
this design makes an excellent overall impression
various elements of the design are well-balanced, neither too sparse or too busy
this design is complete and needs no improvement
Scoring Guide Scoring Guide
9 Almost flawless 8 Very good
6 Above average
4 Below average 3 Poor
2 Very poor
First place 🥇 $300 plus $150 gift from christrio
Second place 🥈 $125 plus $75 gift from christrio
Third place 🥉 $75 plus $50 gift from christrio
KINGS FAIR BARBER BATTLE INFORMATION (REVISED)
NOTE: All competitions will take place on Sunday June 10, 2018
Address: 801 S. 10th Ave, Hanford, CA 93230
Sign Up Today! – 559-362-4046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-Sale Sign Up Fee for all competitions – $40.00 each category (Models are Free, 1 model per category)
Winners – (1st, 2nd, 3rd in each category)
*Kings Fair Barber Battle
Featuring categories: Fastest Fade 15 min, Freestyle Design 30 min, Beard 30 min, Combover 30 min, Fade 30 min, Taper 30 min,
All Barbers must provide all necessary tools needed to compete.
Check in – 5PM
5pm-6pm – Beard & Combover
8pm – Fast Fade & Fade
9pm – Freestyle & Taper
10pm – Awards
All prizes will be provided by the Kings Fair in Hanford.
1 Chair for Model, Table Sharing, & Power will be provided.
Open to Non Licensed, Students & Professionals (each Judged separately)
30 Minute time limit for all categories. Battle is from 5pm- end at approx 10pm
Competition will take place outdoors in the Kings Fair Plaza. A very popular location of the fair. Thousands of people attend the fair each year so bring your business cards and flyers. Sunday is Cultural Day so make sure to give yourself extra time to arrive as parking and traffic will be heavy.
Models are FREE. Passes for Fair entry will be available at the Kings Fair office. Please park in Fair parking and then head into the Kings Fair office and they will have your name on the Barber Battle List. Only 1 model per category.
– If you have any questions please call/text 559-362-4046
* All Listed Items are Subject To Change.
Barbers – Sign up for our Competition Special! If you sign up by September 28th. You will Compete at the #cosmobarcc Expo Feb 24, 2019 and you will receive FREE 2018 Competition passes to our Fresno Fair Battle 10/7/18. That’s 2 Battles for the price of 1!
Pick your Categories and you will get them for all of the Battles!
$40 per category (includes your model & fair admission)
Categories: Fastest Fade 15 min, Freestyle Design 35 min, Beard 35 min, Combover 35 min, Fade 35 min, Taper 35 min, Kid Cut 35 min, Tag Team 40 min
(Categories subject to change)
Text us 559-362-4046 or respond to this email.